Monday, December 10, 2012

Headband Holder

I recently saw a cute handmade headband holder online that was just too irresistible! I have a lot of headbands and needed something like this to help organize my collection.

Here's my creation ~
Ta Da!

The middle cylinder part of this is a Quaker Oats container. I spray painted it white so that the print wouldn't show through the fabric. I then lightly sprayed the outside of the container with Super 77 glue.  I also lightly sprayed the backside of the fabric, waited a few minutes and then wrapped the container in the fabric smoothing out any wrinkles and bubbles along the way.

For the top, I cut a round piece of white contact paper to cover the Quaker Oats writing on the top, attached a glass drawer pull in the middle for a decorative touch, and glued a piece of ribbon around the edge to embellish it.

I used a ceramic pillar candle holder for the bottom that I purchased at Target a while ago. I think you could find something similar at a thrift store and could spray paint it whatever color you needed. I think I got really lucky with mine because the pillar holder fit nice and snug in the bottom of the container without any glue necessary. I would have hot-glued this if it hadn't worked out so nicely.

The center of the headband holder can be used to store other hairbands, etc.




Here's my inspiration ~


No comments:

Post a Comment