Thursday, October 6, 2011

Project: Buffet

I started this next project Sept 16, 2011 and am now just catching up on my blog.

This is the buffet or bottom half of my china hutch from the 60's. I had already removed the hardware when I realized I hadn't taken a picture for the "before" photo...


I always disliked the stars on this piece because they are so pronounced and noticable. I decided that it would look best if it were black like the other piece, and would look nice in the room near my dining room table.

I used my favorite black paint from Parker Paint: Klean Air Low Odor Acrylic Semi Gloss Enamel. I used a foam roller and a brush for getting in the corners. I painted two coats on this piece and added new acrylic knobs. The holes where the original hardware were fairly high since the hardware it had was a knocker style... but I'm happy with the outcome.


I moved it into the house a few days later so that it might dry a little faster now that the rainy season is upon us. I have a couple of spots to touch up but it's mostly done. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment