Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Introducing my new old China Hutch ~ Ta Da!

I am so excited to introduce my new old china hutch ~ this started out looking much different than it is now. It was a pecan color and the style from the 60's. It had door-knocker style hardware on the drawers... and well... it wasn't my favorite piece of furniture.



It's now black and I think it looks fabulous. It's now one of my favorite pieces of furniture.

I used black and white decorator fabric from JoAnn Fabrics to line the inside back panel. The door pulls have been replaced with some brushed nickel pulls that I found at the Home Depot.



What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I love the black and white fabric, it makes it really pop! Awesome piece! I just finished mine the other day. I used herring bone white and gold material and painted it dark chocolate and I removed the glass from the doors and the sides!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you attach the fabric - love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh its absolutely fabulous!!! How did you get the fabric to stick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, I haven't added anything to my blog for such a long time that I rarely look at it any longer. I used spray glue called "super 77". I sprayed both the back of the fabric and the board, then spread it on there as quickly as possible to make sure it bonded in the right position.

      Delete